Links, comments, and occasional blog posts about business, entrepreneurship, and franchising.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Things are Actually Moving Right Along

I have a little story and some good news.

Just know to start, that it may not seem like it, but I've been sitting on pins and needles for the last couple weeks. For example, last week, when I received a letter from the bank in the mail, I felt a little like a teenager receiving a letter from a college accepting or declining my enrollment submission. Thinking back to that time, I remember clearly getting some standard envelope-sized letters from some schools, while other universities sent large package. A large package was good. That usually meant acceptance, details about the school, next steps for matriculation, etc. A small letter meant "thanks, but no thanks", or, denial, in other words. The bank's letter that came last week was a standard, small, envelope. So, it's no mystery where my mind was headed. I have to say I was surprised at the contents.

I have received a tentative prequalification letter from the bank for the SBA loan! Is prequalification a word?

There are a number of elements that have to be cleared before the loan will be financed, and the first of those would be additional documents from Sylvan. In the meantime, I forwarded a copy of this prequal letter to Sylvan, and tomorrow I'm expecting an update from those folks.

No comments: