Links, comments, and occasional blog posts about business, entrepreneurship, and franchising.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cross 'em if you got 'em

Sitting in a corner of my apartment, on top of my old broken swivel office chair, was my Lexmark 1100 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier. The plan was to toss the thing due to its incredibly inferior print quality, short life span for ink cartridges, and general condition. Well, last Monday, May 12, 2008, all the little pieces of information from dad arrived in the mail, so I needed to get a massive scan job going. I dusted off the old Lexmark, scanned about 60-70 different documents into portable document format, and compiled two massive emails to go out. One to the management group at Sylvan, in hopes of their approval for my "letter of intent" to proceed with a Sylvan Learning acquisition. The other to the banker at Focus Business Bank to potentially get pre-approved for an SBA loan. The Sylvan package was considerably smaller, and seemed to go through no problem, but the ten meg SBA loan app was immediately bounced back -- too big. I found a service to upload the pdf file to, shot Brad the link/invite to download the information, and at this moment I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear back from either Brad at Focus or Rachel or Sylvan to see if there is a next step for me. My fingers and toes are as crossed as they'll ever be.

No comments: