Links, comments, and occasional blog posts about business, entrepreneurship, and franchising.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Six Steps to Starting Your Own Business - Kiplinger.com

This article at Kiplinger is very good, and I think I'm on steps 3 and 4 of this list. After some online research with SBA and FranNet, I think my next stop is the library to pick up a few books on entrepreneurship, franchising, and financing.

Soon, I'd like to have a list of questions ready to ask a SCORE consultant, but at the moment I don't even know what questions to ask. I could always go with the, "What should I be asking you now?" default, but I don't want it to look like I haven't done my homework. Any ideas on what kinds of questions I should be asking the folks at SCORE about potentially acquiring my first franchise?

Of course the next big thing is the business plan. This article at least lists some software and websites that are useful for creating my own business plan. I just wonder if this is going to need to happen sooner rather than later.

Six Steps to Starting Your Own Business - Kiplinger.com

No comments: