Links, comments, and occasional blog posts about business, entrepreneurship, and franchising.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Too Many Options

First, I'm biting my nails wondering if purchasing my own franchise is something that could really happen, then all of a sudden it's already happening. Also, I'm in a bit of a bind/crossroads because too many options have now presented themselves. Here's what I see as my six options at the moment. I can:

1.] Purchase a refranchised Sylvan Learning Center from corporate.

2.] Get a territory from corporate.

3.] Invest in a territory from another individual or broker.

4.] Finance an existing Sylvan from an individual owner. I've got some brokers looking into this for me.

5.] All of the above. Go gung ho, explore ALL of the above options, then make a more informed decision.

6.] None of the above. Hold off for now, 6 months to 2 years, build up some "personal reserves" of $$$, get more experience with Sylvan, selling, managing, marketing, etc. <-- was my original plan

So far, I've only really made any headway with #1, and the numbers are not exciting enough to entice my investors. Please, your comments.

No comments: