Links, comments, and occasional blog posts about business, entrepreneurship, and franchising.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Option Four: The Franchise Broker Route

Right now I am heavily pursuing option 4 from my June 3 post, "4.] Finance an existing Sylvan from an individual owner. I've got some brokers looking into this for me."

These brokers are good people, and in the matter of 2-3 weeks they've searched through their contacts across the state and the West and come up with a couple of interesting options. Apparently there are some motivated sellers out there, and now it's up to me to investigate their numbers, look at profits and losses, and come up with what I think is a good offer. Now, while work is kicking into overdrive, there just isn't enough time to devote to this. Also, I want to wait for my advisers to let me know what kind of offer is realistic.

I'm definitely in a wait-and-see mode right now.

No comments: